Soft Serve Ice Cream Day! My goodness I would love to have some of this today but, right now moving is more important. Do enjoy the Post from Foodimentary though!
‘Soft Serve’ was originally called ‘Instant Ice cream’
Here are today’s 5 amazing Ice Cream facts:
- An average dairy cow can produce enough milk in her lifetime to make a little over 9,000 gallons of ice cream.
- The first ice cream recipe was handwritten in the recipe book of Lady Anne Fanshawe in 1665
- Chocolate ice cream was invented long before vanilla, and the first documented recipe for it appeared in the book The Modern Steward, published in Italy in 1692.
- In the U.S., all ice cream needs to have a minimum of 10% milkfat if it is to be labeled “ice cream”. This includes custard based (French Style) ice creams.
- The Häagen-Dazs brand was established by two Americans – Reuben and Rose Mattus – and the name was made up to sound Danish and sophisticated. The Danish language does not actually use umlauts.
Today’s Pinterest Board : Foodimentary Takes on Desserts
View original post 77 more words